Most of the characters of the Bible feel pretty foreign to us guys. They act weird, wear funny clothes, and say things that don't always make sense. And those are just the men. In Mary's case, there is the additional gender difference. We have absolutely no clue what it was like to be a woman in the first century, yet Mary is one of the most significant figures in all of Christianity. Might she have something to say to men in 2020?
On this retreat we will explore themes such as:
- What true courage looks like
- Becoming content and sometimes even joyful
- Dealing with disappointment
- Spiritual practices that work
- a no-pressure, relaxing time in a beautiful setting;
- meeting a great group of guys from around the Chicago area;
- an opportunity to talk about what matters most to you;
- a dynamic interaction between your life and a Biblical story;
- a chance to grow and deepen your spiritual life;
- great food and a lot of laughter.
Take a break. Hang with the guys. Get some perspective.
Multi generations of men gather on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday mornings from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the WCC gym for friendly basketball games. All men and all skill levels are welcome! Please contact John C. Couleur to be added to the basketball group.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...